Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thank You Lord!

The Lord taught me a huge lesson in trusting and thankfulness this week. Judah has had some swollen lymph nodes on his neck for a couple months now. Being the first time parents we are we took him in several times to get them checked. This past week The doctor told me she wanted to get some blood testing just to make sure he was OK. I definitely wanted to know if anything was wrong, but part of me just wanted to live in denial. Of course as a woman my mind instantly wanted to go to worse case scenario. The blood testing in itself was bad enough (I would have probably sobbed through it had Liz not been there), but what if something was wrong??? I would shrivel up and die. Or live in the fetal position in my closet. He was a champ. He freaked out a little when watching the needle go in. Looked at me to save him, crying out "mama mama". I tell you that is the worse feeling in the WORLD. Having to do something that you know is in their best interest, but them being too young to explain it. I now understand why people say they would take the pain if they could. I would. I totally would. and I have the worse phobia of needles. They make me cry like a baby worse than Judah. I feel like it really opened my eyes to the people who have kids that are sick and hurting and have to do stuff like that on a daily basis. I know that this was not even CLOSE in anyway to what they have to go through, but it gave me a teeny tiny teensy little look into it. How do they do it? It has to break their hearts a little every time. I pray for those mama's and babies. That God will give the mama's courage to keep doing what they have to do to protect their babies even though it hurts their hearts. That God will give those babies eyes to see that their mama does it to protect them. and of course healing for both.
Anyways the whole time (2 whole days after testing:) I was waiting for results I didn't let myself think about it. I just prayed really hard, and ask my family and friends to pray. I kept thinking about the verse that says that God won't give you more than you can handle, and I prayed he wouldn't. I prayed that even if something was wrong that I would remember that. It is very easy to pray that when things are going good. I feel like my parents did a pretty great job in showing us how to trust. Believe me I am not that good at it, but I had a great example and I am trying to get better. They went through a lot and still go through a lot, but I never have seen their faith shaken. Yes, they might ask God why or even cuss him out (dad, not mom), but they still love him and still go to him. I want to be like them when I grow up.
There are a lot of hard, sad things in this word, but there are a lot of wonderful things too. But the best things are yet to come, and I am super pumped about that. Judah's test came back normal, so I guess he is just a lumpy kid. I am so thankful for that answer to prayer. But whether it was that answer or another answer I am slowly learning that God is good and He has a plan (even if I think it is a crappy one at the time), and He does everything for a reason. When I say slowly I mean REAL slowly. Can you tell that it made me think a lot? I hope this doesn't come across as some cheesy God high type thing. It just helped me to see clear for a minute. I am sure next week my eyesight will be all blurry again and I will be saying "why GOD why???" about something. Ok. I will stop. Sorry for the blabbing. Thanks for all your prayer and encouragement for Judah! Anything God has been revealing to you folks?

4 comments:

  1. I am a lot older than you and still continuing to learn that God is good and He is trustworthy.
    SO happy that Judah's results came back negative. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a few days? :-) God is really opening my eyes these days, too!! No matter how old you get, you will always be learning more about how awesome God is. And, you will always be learning how to trust Him...just when you think you understand, you find out just how little you know. But, it's all good...or, at least it is all good for you! :-) I love me some Gunters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on the Gunter blog, and while I already knew all of this...I'm so glad everything is ok! It is hard to trust during those times when it affects the ones closest to us. This was a nice reminder, Kace Lou.

    Since you asked...God has been nudging me to spend more time with Him on a daily basis. Like actual, quality, more than 5 minutes of time (because I often don't). In those moments we see more of Him and know without a doubt that He is sovereign and good. Which is helpful during those scary and rocky seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "lumpy kid"...haha. poor guy! so glad he's good. thanks for sharing all that.

    ReplyDelete