Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sweet Family...



Dave and I had the opportunity to go to Denver, CO by OURSELVES for 8 whole days. Well technically we were not by ourselves. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with Micah, Cole, and Amy, but we did not have Judah with us. There is no way to tell you all about the trip, so I will just sum it up by telling you some things I learned...

I will never be on one of those adventure shows. For many reasons a couple being I am not very adventurous and I am VERY out of shape.
I like my brothers a little more every time I hang out with them.
Dave and I still laugh at each other a lot and have loads of fun together.
Colorado brews a lot of beer.
There are a lot of parks to play frisbee in.
Micah and Cole like frisbee a lot.
People walk or ride their bikes everywhere.
I don't like walking everywhere.
"I doubt it" is a very fun game.
Cole is not too good at bowling and is also not that great of a sport.
Cole, Micah, Amy, and Dave are all very patient, compassionate people.
4 batches of chocolate no bake cookies calls for 8 cups of sugar.
5 people can easily eat 4 batches of no bake cookies in a couple days.
I am not quite that much of a city girl.
Amy thinks we are in far better shape than we are.
My family is really funny.
There are a lot of really good restaurants there.
People go out there all the time. Even late at night on a weeknight.
The Rocky mountains are as pretty as they say.
8 days is too long to be away from the baby.
It is easier for the baby to be away from you for 8 days then the other way around.
Colorado is too far away and I miss my baby brothers.

One of Micah's many victory dances.



A lot of really tall friends and family


Yummy hamburgers

Some yummy food we ate.

Davey's new BFF

The beautiful Rockies
Frisbee golf


We thought this was really cool, but were later told Elk are like squirrels in CO.



Micah's "creepy" face. Pretty creepy!




Boys are weird!

Sweet siblings


Micah so strong!




Look so natural, doesn't it?



2 comments: