Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hiking with the ladies

So last month I got to go have girl time with two of my friends Liz and Jenna. Well Jenna is a friend by force, but still a best friend. We decided since it was a really nice weekend to do something outside enjoying nature. I think that all three of us would like to think of ourselves as nature lovers when in actuality non of us spend very much time IN nature (I will give credit where credit is due, Liz spends a lot of time at Stn. Mtn. running), but I guess you don't have to be in it to love it. Let me tell you, We had so much fun! It was a perfect day weather wise. We laughed, talked, made silly videos, soaked in all of God's glorious creation, ate decent food, and just enjoyed each others company. We went to Amicalola Falls. They said it was a mile hike, but I would bet almost anything that it was over 2. Either way it was all up hill and intense. Even Liz got a work out or at least she said she did. After hiking for approximately 2 hours (I know you are thinking even if it was 2 mile it shouldn't take that long! We took lots of breaks for video making) we got to the top, took a couple pictures, and headed down the 650 stairs. It doesn't sound like that many, but it was a lot of freakin stairs. Jenna kept repeating as we were going down "Thank God we didn't come up this way" and we both agreed! After that we were all pretty delirious the rest of the day. It was a fabulous day and I recommend getting out in nature whenever you can!









1 comment:

  1. It was one of those days that was just perfect... until I saw your mother-in-law's dog dragging that freakishly large catfish out of that freakishly small pond... Good times.

    ReplyDelete