Sunday, December 19, 2010

SOBFEST 2010

If any of you know me and my family you know that we love parties and we love a good cry. Dave went camping for the weekend and I decide to take the opportunity to have a girls weekend that included Sobfest. For those of you who don't know what sobfest is, it is where a bunch of girls get together, watch really sad movies, and obviously sob.

All weekend was filled with girls and fun. Thursday night Rylie came over and spent the night. We went and did a little shopping (Where Judah stood for the first time on his own! Yeah!!!), Watched the Office together, and the passed out. On Friday Jenna spent the night. We were both worn out so it took everything we had to stay up until 10:30. We watched all our favorite glee video's and other funny youtube stuff and just laughed a lot. On Saturday Liz and Jenna spent the night. We ate at Frontera and then spent the rest of the night playing games, drinking coffee, laughing, watching SNL skits, talking, and lots more laughing. We stayed up until 2:30! AMazing! Of course Judah was there all weekend, poor kid. But he got lots of attention and food from everyone.

And then came sobfest. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to only get 5 hours of sleep, but it definitely helped with the sobbing. We made quesadillas for lunch. Talked for a while. then started the movie. We started with Sommersby. Whew. it was intense. We definitely were all red nosed, snot faced, can't breathe sobbing. Except Holly. I have officially made it my goal to make that girl sob. She said she cried but I didn't see it. We finished the day with Paradise Road. There was some debate about that. Jenna wanted to watch Alex the life of a child, but we all decided we didn't want to start our week with watching a child die for two hours. I think we made the right choice, but Jenna gets dibs next time. Anyways it was tons of fun and if you need a good cry I highly recommend it!


Of course we made goodie bags that had the essentials. Sunglasses, bubble bath, nail polish, lipgloss, chocolate, and tissue. Thanks Jenna for picking out everything to go in them.
Everyone with there sad faces




Some how I didn't get one of Maggie (daon't hate me!) In my defense I am pretty sure I asked, but she was doing something else at the time. So you get a smiling picture instead.

Our goal was to do before an after pictures, but we only did before. I am still going to post them so you can see all my beautiful friends again, and honestly because I like the picture of myself.

It took us a minute to realize you have to take them at a down angle. Otherwise they are no bueno.





Props to Judah for being a trooper.
This is right before he pooped on Liz.

1 comment:

  1. Um. You guys are hilarious. I told Brandon about this post, and he started to say that next time he & Dave would come laugh at you guys for crying. But then he remembered that he cries at Hallmark commercials. So he quit talking.

    ReplyDelete