Friday, April 8, 2011

I have been dog sitting this week and had entirely too much time to think. It has been nice to just stop and really spend time with Judah. I tend to get really busy doing things and the whole day has gone by and I have barely even stopped to look at him (that is a mild exaggeration). But then because I have so much time to think I just get really depressed about the fact that I don't spend more quality time with him. I watched eight kids and did laundry, housework, and ran all there errands for about 5 years. I should be able to watch one kid, get all my stuff done, and spend quality time with him, right? God is slowly teaching me that I just have to let go of all that crap. I have to let go of the laundry, the dirty dishes, the dirty car, the dog hair everywhere (this will be a long process because I like tidiness). Or some days I might not spend as much quality time with JD because I have to get something done. I am having to just pray that in the end Judah will know that we love him, that Jesus loves him, and that I won't have a nervous break down from my messy house. Oh well, what do you do?

Three of the eight + JD

No comments:

Post a Comment