Thursday, April 28, 2011

My experience in the storm.

I went to bed around 10:30.
I considered sleeping in the living room
so I could hear tornado noises
but was scared because of
"the rat".
I went into our sound proof room
(Thanks to our box fan), which I have
always thought of as a great thing
until last night.

Me- Dave, should one of sleep in the living room (hint hint)
Dave- You can
Me- Do you think you should sleep in the living room (bigger hint hint)
Dave- No

At this point I text my mom...
"Should I sleep in the living room?
Will you text me if you hear the tornado?"

She said she thought I would be fine and she would try to text me
to just run to the bathroom if I heard anything.

I fell asleep thinking about how I was going to maneuver
my mattress over us in the bathroom if the tornado did come.
I also woke up every time the window air-conditioner
came on because it sounds a teensy bit like a train.

At 12:30 it looked really bad from what I could see
laying in the bed with my covers up to my eyes.
LOTS of lightning
tree branches that looked like they might break through
at this point I also had to pee very badly
but due to "the rat" still wouldn't go into
hall way.

Me- Dave, don't you think you should go check and see if we are about to die from that tornado?
Dave- No.

After all that I woke up this morning alive and well and about to pee on myself.

I am very thankful that we were all very safe and all that I lost was a little sleep.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh out loud...and reminded me a lot of our own storm experience :)

    ReplyDelete