Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some stuff went down at the Gunter household last night. This is probably the kind of stuff you are not supposed to blog about, but I can't help it. I am traumatized.

It actually started a few weeks ago when Dave casually mentioned "Kace, I think we have a mouse". and then I said "excuse me? come again? I cannot have rats in my house." and then he went on to explain that it wasn't a rat just a "little" mouse. Harmless, even cute. In my eyes a rodent is a rodent, but how did he know it was just a "cute little mouse"? Well it had chewed into the flour bag and its teeth looked small or some crap like that. Time went by and I didn't see or here anything else, so I forgot about it.

As you know I was dog sitting this week and while I was gone Dave said they were back, so he set traps. The trap went off while I was gone, but nothing. of course because it must have been too small is what he said, the mouse not the trap. So the next night, last night, he set two traps.

We went to bed kinda late and after crying through "off the map" I really had to pee. being the brave lady I am I turned all the lights on (waking up Dave) and scared myself to DEATH with a dying balloon in the bathroom. Since I woke Dave from his beauty sleep he decided to check the trap (he actually asked me, but I said something like "hell no").

A few minutes later I hear "Kace, come here, hurry" (why he asked me to hurry to see something that is obviously not going to be moving anytime soon, IDK). So I run into the kitchen and what is in the freakin trap??? A RAT. a huge gross rat. This was my thought process. "he lied to me. that is not a mouse. that is a rat. he can never be trusted again. That is so gross. gag. who know what its touched. gag. how many more are there. gag. don't throw up. gag. is Judah safe? should he sleep with us? will we be eaten alive by rats? how did they get in? poor rat. did it have a name? did it have family? did it die a painful death? I hope it died a painful death. I hate him." and on and on.

I went to sleep praying that the rat was a lonely, old rat with NO family that came here to end its days. I definitely slept with the covers totally covering me and I made Judah breakfast in underwear (usual) and cowboy boots. Final thoughts AHHHHHH.

Out of respect for the rat, no dead rat pictures.

the little bite marks???

On a good note. Judah is learning to eat with a fork.

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! We had one in Ocala,Fla. I was standing on a table screaming "there he is, get him". When I saw him dead, I felt so bad for him. He looked like the mice (rat!) from Cinderella. All he needed was a little jacket and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only good rat is a dead rat!! I don't care about that balance-of-nature stuff where we need icky, disease-carrying, beady-eyed rodents to get rid of other pests to keep them from multiplying. In fact, do rats even do that? What good do they actually do on this planet? Hmmmm...I can't think of any good right now. I, too, hope he was an old, orphaned rat and that he had no family that will come a' calling at your house. That just gives me the heebie jeebies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so gross. I dreamed about it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't a dream...it was a nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete