Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sugar and spice, snakes and snails

This was my first week watching sweet little Carson, and it was awesome. As I told both her parents she was not a problem at all, it was the little stinker that is part me that was the problem. After spending 10 hours with them I got to see very clearly some of the differences in boys and girls. I thought I would share some of those "differences" with you.

While I was painting (yes, I realize this is probably not age appropriate, but I will probably do it again) with the kids
Carson- sat perfectly in the seat, followed the directions, and didn't get a drop of paint on her.
Judah-Was on top of the table within seconds with paint all down his arms.

Judah has at least 5 new bruises from tackling the ground (also known as falling)
Carson did not fall once except maybe when Judah took her down with him.

When playing with the ball
Carson carried it around and said "ball"
Judah immediately threw it to the ground and flung himself on top of it.

Carson is fine playing by herself and also really good at sharing
Judah wants to do everything Carson does and have everything Carson has (he got that from me)

When I took them outside to blow bubbles
Carson smiled and said "buddles"
Judah (who has never seen them) said "wooooow, wow, wow, wow, wow, woooooow, wow, wow, wooooow" while crawling after them like his life depended on it.

It is just crazy how at age 1 they are already so extremely girly or extremely boyish. Carson was so dainty and sweet and polite. She enjoyed reading book, doing puzzles and sitting in my lap. Judah is so wild and crazy. He enjoyed climbing on stuff, getting dirty, and tackling things. I know some of it is personality, but I think a big chunk of it is boy and girl differences. Both of them are so sweet in their own way.

He can be calm for about 2 seconds while sucking his thumb.

This is the biggest smile I have gotten on camera.

Sharing. I love it.



4 comments:

  1. That is so funny and so true about boys and girls even at an early age. There is so much cuteness there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny! We're so glad Carson is getting to hang out with you guys! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute!! That Judah IS all boy, and from the sound of it, Carson is ALL girl!! As they spend time together I wonder which of their personality traits will rub off on the other one? That's another blog idea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true. They have definitely already rubbed off on each other. Judah more so than Carson. Hopefully she won't have a ll bad habits by the time we are done!

    ReplyDelete